Gigya is looking for a true technological, agile and people guru with vast managerial experience and a track record of successes (and failures) to expand and lead its front end group.
The front end group, responsible for many of Gigya's core products, will be composed of 3 direct reports and a total of 15-20 people. One of the teams is located in Kiev Ukraine and thus the position requires traveling on a frequent basis. The group develops Gigya SDKs that are used in billions of devices, Gigya's administrative console that is used by more than 500 of the top enterprises in the world and Gigya CMS/E-commerce connectors.
As a GL you will be a highly visible and influential member of the R&D department , reporting to the SVP of R&D, and a key member of the R&D leadership team. You will help form the future directions of the R&D department both technological and process wise while ensuring business goals and milestones are met or exceeded by the R&D and your group.
You will also provide leadership and support to other groups within the company including Product, Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Marketing. You will interact, from time time, with customers to better understand business needs and to manage escalations.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader, experienced and passionate about developing people and designing innovative multi tenant large scale SaaS solutions
As a GL your main responsibilities will be:
• Work with the SVP of R&D and together with the other R&D leaders to form and deliver on the R&D vision and quarterly goals.
• Ensure the group delivers high quality deliverables according to roadmap and R&D vision and goals.
• Expand the existing group and retain people ; mentor existing team leaders, identify and promote key talents
• Promote agile culture and practices within the group and across R&D.
• Promote and ensure quality and excellence across the group.
• Work with product managers, und